The Heidelberg Centre South Asia (HCSA) was inaugurated by the Rector (Vice Chancellor) of Heidelberg University on 17th November 2009. By establishing the HCSA, the university seeks to enhance academic cooperation with South Asia beyond the regional studies context to include all faculties of the university. The centre focuses on promoting cooperation in research and teaching, exchange at faculty and student level, provide information on research and study opportunities, organise joint events and promote alumni networking.
Focus areasInformation desk
- Central repository of information on studying and research opportunities
- Practical support: visa processing, travel and accommodation
- Expertise in finding appropriate partners for research, teaching and funding
- Support for initiating research cooperation and joint study/research and training programmes
- Close cooperation with funding agencies on both sides
- Support in facilitating mobility of students/researchers
- Support in student assessment/recruitment
- Internship platform: gather work experience in Germany/South Asia
- Showcasing innovation at Heidelberg University
- Support in organisation of conferences, workshops, summer schools etc.
- Heidelberg Lecture Series (HLS)
- Alumni Network "Heidelberg Alumni India" (HAIN)