Upcoming EventSexual Harassment at Higher Education Institutions - A web talk
22nd November 2022, Online
Heidelberg Centre South Asia (HCSA) in cooperation with FU Berlin and Max Planck Group is organizing a web talk on sexual harassment at higher education institutions. Prof. Dr. Christiane Schwieren from Alfred Weber Institute of Economics who is also the Equal Opportunity Commissioner of Heidelberg University and a member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Heidelberg Institute for Mediation will share the centre stage along with speakers from FU Berlin, Max Planck Group and Indian institutions.
Sexual harassment even today is considered to be a taboo and thus it is necessary to address the issues related to it. Experts from India and Germany will exchange thoughts and ideas on how Sexual Harassment at Higher Education Institutions can be reduced and how the students can be empowered to be vocal about their own body and their rights. The outcome of this web talk shall lead to deeper understanding of the context and foster insight to bring refined changes in perception and actions around the people themselves. This may create awareness among the audience that how necessary it is to address such issues and try to implement fruitful changes in the perception of the people as well as the in the laws of the higher institutions.
The following aspects will be deliberated upon during the webinar:
- How sexual harassment in universities has been increasing and impacting the overall situation around the globe?
- How can the perception of the people be modified to bring the change?
- What is the role of policies at national and international level to combat existing challenges?
- What initiative is the university and the government taking to provide support to the victim?
- What all measurements will be taken to execute the plan?