Heidelberg Centre South Asia launches a unique exchange platform for young scholars
10 April 2017
Under the aegis of the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany, Heidelberg Centre South Asia (the Branch Office of the Heidelberg University in New Delhi) officially launched the Heidelberg India Research Internship Platform (HEIIN). The launch took place on April 10, 2017 at the German House for Research and Innovation (DWIH). The Vice-President of the Heidelberg University, Prof. Dr. Dieter Heermann, inaugurated the platform.
HEIIN is a robust and secure online web based workflow solution hosted at URZ (University’s computing centre), Heidelberg. The first-of-its-kind structured exchange platform has several distinguishing features:
- Highly competitive internships are fully funded by the collaborating organizations,
- They presuppose at least 6 months of advanced research in a multinational, interdisciplinary environment,
- Offer opportunities to further explore career opportunities both in Heidelberg and in India.
- The smart inbuilt filters in the workflow solution allow only selective applications to go reach the scientists
- The research internships are designed on a co-funding model where the sending institution takes care of international airfare and the host takes care of local hospitality. In some scenarios a part is self financed by the students
A select audience comprising representatives from institutions of research and higher education, funding organisations, Indian government bodies, think tanks, EU Delegation, German organisations in India and DWIH Consortium Members attended the official inauguration of the Heidelberg India Internship Platform.